No, not a challenge for someone to figure out how to make a buck out of that most totemic of nanotech icons, the buckyball, but a real challenge with a $100,000 prize.
Just like many investors, the Buckminster Fuller Institute is looking for entries that are:
- Comprehensive — addressing the interaction of key issues responsible for present conditions; aims to solve multiple problems without creating new ones;
- Anticipatory — factoring in critical future trends and needs as well as potential long term impacts of implementation;
- Ecologically responsible — reflecting nature’s underlying principles while enhancing the Earth’s life-support systems;
- Feasible — relying on current technology and existing resources;
- Verifiable — able to withstand rigorous empirical testing;
- Replicable — able to scale and adapt to a broad range of conditions.